From: jmayn...@admin5.hsc.uth.tmc.edu (Jay Maynard)
Subject: WebExplorer 1.03 palette management?
Date: 1995/09/29
organization: University of Texas - Houston, General Administration
newsgroups: comp.os.os2.networking.tcp-ip

I grabbed 1.03 as soon as I saw the mention of it. It's a lot more stable on
up permanent residence on my disk...but one problem has cropped up: How the
hell do I turn on palette management? I was using -p with 1.02, which did
fine for me, and i'd like the same functionality, but 1.03 seems to ignore
the -p switch. What am I doing wrong?...or is there a bug?
--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
http://k5zc.hsc.uth.tmc.edu       | adequately be explained by stupidity.

organization: Network Internet Services (516) 543-0240
reply-to: hupsh...@az.com@az.com
newsgroups: comp.os.os2.networking.tcp-ip

I am running a desktop of 800x600x256 colors, and regardless of if I use the
-p command-line parameter (as listed in the read.me), I am only getting
what looks like 16color graphic displays.. Does anyone know if this is a
problem with 1.03?  Is their some other trick that I have to do?
Much appreciated in advance,
				-Huw

In article <454mre$...@news.netusa.net>,  <hupsh...@az.com@az.com> wrote:
>I am running a desktop of 800x600x256 colors, and regardless of if I use the
>-p command-line parameter (as listed in the read.me), I am only getting
>what looks like 16color graphic displays.. Does anyone know if this is a
>problem with 1.03?

I don't think it's that you're getting 16-color graphics; I think WE is
using its own palette, but not telling Presentation Manager about it. In any
case, you're not alone in reporting the problem, but we've had no
confirmation from IBM that they've received our previous bug reports.

Shame, too; aside from this problem, WE 1.03 does just great for me.

In article <455av1$2...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>,  <rmst...@ibm.net> wrote:
>What video card do you use?      Trident 9440AGI's beta driver seems to
>give this trouble.

I can't speak for the other posters, but I'm running an Orchid Fahrenheit
1280 Plus on one system and a Dell S3-based SVGA on another. Both are using
the stock OS/2 Warp-supplied drivers, and both worked with 1.02's pallette
manager.