From: ne...@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Tom Neupauer)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.misc,comp.mail.uucp
Subject: sending mail to fidonet
Date: 26 Jan 89 22:49:40 GMT

How can I send email to a machine on fidonet from my machine (UUCP)?
Is it possible?

Please reply via email.

Thanks,
Tom Neupauer
att!ihlpl!neup

From: nanook@novavax.UUCP (Keith Dickinson)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.misc,comp.mail.uucp
Subject: Re: sending mail to fidonet
Date: 28 Jan 89 20:54:57 GMT

in article <86...@ihlpl.ATT.COM>, ne...@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Tom Neupauer) says:

> How can I send email to a machine on fidonet from my machine (UUCP)?
> Is it possible?
>
> Please reply via email.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Neupauer
> att!ihlpl!neup

In order to mail to someone on Fidonet you must know of a fido gateway in
their area (or at least one that doesn't mind forewarding to them). If you
look in your maps, you may find some entries with the .FIDONET.ORG domain
on them.

After you have found someone in the .FIDONET.ORG domain, simply address
a message Through them as follows

example.FIDONET.ORG!f1.n369.z1!john_doe

The address given above after the usenet sight is for Fidonet address
1|369/1 or Zone 1 (z1), Net 369 (n369), Node 1 (f1). You can technicly
mail to any valid Fidonet sight this way (assuming the person who forewards
the mail doesn kill the message autmaticly due to cost.). I'd suggest that
for polightness you mail to the Sy...@system.FIDONET.ORG and find out if
he has any problems forewarding your mail. Some people can get away with
passing the mail allong a string of sights, others are forced to make long
distance calls and don't like the idea of forewarding for free.

If you have any more questions, feel free to write me.

Keith Dickinson

_   /|  | Fidonet  : 369/2 [(305) 421-8593] Brave Mew World South
\'o.O'  | Internet : nan...@muadib.FIDONET.ORG
=(___)= | UUCP     : (novavax,hoptoad!ankh,muadib)!nanook
   U    | USNail   : 433 SE 13th CT. J-202, Deerfield Beach, Fl. 33441
  Ack!  | Disclamer: This message was created by a faulty AI program.
Don't blame me...I voted for Bill'n'Opus in '88