From: Stephen...@f155.n633.z3.fidonet.org (Stephen Missen)
Sender: ufg...@puddle.fidonet.org (newsout1.26)
Newsgroups: k12.ed.comp.literacy
Subject: Operating Systems
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 93 15:35:14 PDT

Yeah! Operating systems you say.  I need some info on a few of them for
a assignment (YR 11) My problem is that I choose this statement to debate.
"DOS is the most viable Operating System for a IBM computer"
So I need info on anything from UNIX to OS/2.  Is PICK still used much!
I know this probably isn't the right Board to be looking on but I gota
start somewhere.  Maby you reckon I've biten off more than I can chew but
this sort of stuff is intresting (to me)  Already read one book on UNIX
so if you got any help or coments on other OS (operating systems) your
particularly welcome.  What exactly do I want to know?

What's OS equivilant to the dos prompt like?
Does it have any standard user interfaces (Windows for instance)? Who
uses it mainly?
Would it be suitable for a normal IBM (say 386-sx or dx)?
Are their lots of software packages written for it?
Does it support Progs. written for other Operating Systems?
ect.

Thanks

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!3!633!155!Stephen.Missen
Internet: Stephen...@f155.n633.z3.fidonet.org