From: "Denis Jabaudon" <jaba...@hifo.unizh.ch>
Subject: ?DVD grabber?
Date: 1999/10/03
Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd.software

Hi!
I am looking for a software which would allow me to record parts of dvd
movies onto the hard disk, and then replay it as a avi. or mov. or mpeg.
file. Does this exist? Is it legal?

Thanks!

Denis

From: "Řystein Kristoffer Paulsen" <o...@aa.telia.no>
Subject: Re: ?DVD grabber?
Date: 1999/10/03
Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd.software

Denis Jabaudon wrote:
> I am looking for a software which would allow me to record parts of dvd
> movies onto the hard disk, and then replay it as a avi. or mov. or mpeg.
> file. Does this exist? Is it legal?

Try DVD Speed Ripper. Available at:
ttp://dvd.nikotin.net/?page=show&id=48  - That will rip as .vob files.. if
you want to encode to .mpg or .avi use DVD2MPEG Squeezer
(http://dvd.nikotin.net/?page=show&id=41) or avi2mpeg
(http://members.xoom.com/mpeg2avi/). There is no easy way to do this. You
might want to have a look at http://www.dvdsoft.de/ . They have good
tutorials.

If it's legal? Well.. As long as you only rip small parts and don't
distribute it I can't see you're doing anything wrong.

�ystein Kristoffer