From: Eric Prigge <herki...@top.monad.net>
Subject: Stronghold's Apache SSL Server: Is it worth it?
Date: 1996/12/11
content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
organization: MonadNet Corp
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: herki...@top.monad.net
newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
x-mailer: Mozilla 3.0 (Macintosh; I; 68K)

I would like to implement SSL with my Apache server on BSDI 2.0.
Is Stronghold's Apache SSL server worth the $495?  How hard is it to do
the patches and the recompiling from the freely available components for
BSDI?
     Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric Prigge

> I would like to implement SSL with my Apache server on BSDI 2.0.
> Is Stronghold's Apache SSL server worth the $495?

Yes.  We're quite happy with it on BSDI.  We're switching from
Netscape's commerce server.

>  How hard is it to do
> the patches and the recompiling from the freely available components for
> BSDI?

It's illegal in the U.S. because of RSA patent licensing, so it
doesn't matter how hard it is.  But Stronghold is a nice package.