From: to...@accessnow.removethispart.com
Subject: Webservver
Date: 1997/08/04
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix

Howdy,

I've been running Linux for about a year on my private lan, as a
machine to use for programming my clients' cgi's and webpages, before
putting them up on the web on other machines.

Now, I have the opportunity to put a new linux box up on the web.  I
want to be able to offer my clients POP3 accounts, and their virtual
servers.  I know how to do Apache.  Not a prob.  But POP3 on this
Linux... I am trying to figure this out.  Also, I am worried about
security on this box.  What do I do about that?  I have heard that
there are patches for Linux and Apache.  I am trying to locate these.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Oh, also:  SSL.  I am searching the web right now about SSL.  But it'd
be nice to have some real-world pointers on this setup endeavor I have
before me.

Thanks in advance (for real answers, not, "Go figure it out on your
own")

tomas

--
  "How do I work?  I grope" - Albert Einstein
  http://www.accessnow.com/