Newsgroups: fa.editor-p
From: C70:editor-people
Date: Sat Dec 19 13:07:43 1981
Subject: My unix emacs

>From ihnss!warren@Berkeley Sat Dec 19 13:05:37 1981
Since I am never really sure whether or not random mail into the
arpanet will work from here, I thought I would publish this in
editor-people for all of you who have asked me about my unix emacs.

Yes I have a unix emacs that will run on a shared I&D space pdp-11
without too much hassle.
Unfortunately, Bell Labs has not, and probably will not release it
to the outside world.  My effort was not part of the "official" unix
product, and thus is not likely to be included that way, and the
only other way to get software released is to have it officially
declared worthless, which seems equally unlikely.  There are a lot
of copies that have escaped, but unfortunately, if I want to keep my
job I can't really have anything to do with them.

Sorry about this, If it were my choice, anyone could have it.

	Warren Montgomery
	ihnss!warren
	IH x2494