Newsgroups: fa.unix-wizards
From: ucbvax!unix-wizards
Date: Sun Dec 27 00:40:17 1981
Subject: criticisms of Unix

>From mclure@SRI-UNIX Sun Dec 27 00:28:24 1981
By far the criticism I hear most often from new Unix users is the atrocious
naming of commands. They urge `cat' be renamed to `ty', `rm' to `del',
`grep' to `search', etc.

When they argue this way, there's little to be said. They are absolutely
right. Is there *any* hope of making Unix commands more reasonable?