Newsgroups: net.sources
From: utzoo!henry
Date: Mon Jan 11 15:42:39 1982
Subject: getopt(3)

The following is the source and manual page for a getopt() routine
written locally to match the description in a copy of the Unix 3.0
manual that I got to see once.  Behavior is believed identical to the
Bell one, but this is NOT Bell code and carries no nondisclosure
restrictions.  Use it on any system you wish.
Code

The following is the source and manual page for a getopt program
(for use in shell programming) written locally to match the description
in a copy of the Unix 3.0 manual that I got to see once.  Behavior is
believed identical to the Bell one, but this is NOT Bell code and
carries no nondisclosure restrictions.  Use it on any system you wish.
NB unlike the previous getopt(3), this has not been too well shaken down.
Code