Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards
From: ARPAVAX:mckusick
Date: Tue Aug  3 01:35:22 1982
Subject: new flexable length directory access routines

Due to a number of requests for information about the conversion
requirements to access the new flexable length directories that
will be coming out on 4.2bsd, I am sending out a library of functions
that simulate the new flexable length directory names on top of the
old directory structure. It allows programs to be converted to the
new directory access interface, so that they need only be relinked
when 4.2bsd becomes available. The documentation and sources are being
sent out on netnews net.sources. If you want this library and do not
have access to net.sources, send me mail and I will arrange to forward
it to you.
	Kirk McKusick
	mckusick@berkeley
	ucbvax!mckusick.