Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards
From: noscvax!key
Date: Sat Apr  2 08:12:48 1983
Subject: Unix DBMSs

Apart from Berkeley Ingres and RTI Ingres, does anyone know of  a
database  management  system (DBMS) that runs under Unix?  If you
will mail your responses to me I will prepare a summary  for  the
net. I am particularly interested in knowing:

     - The name and version of the product.
     - The vendor or a point of contact.
     - What version(s) of Unix the DBMS runs under.
     - What computer(s) the DBMS runs on.
     - The data model employed (hierarchical, CODASYL/network,
       relational, other).

If you have some experience with the DBMS, I would  also  be  in-
terested in your comments on:

     - Your application(s) for the DBMS.
     - The features you like or dislike.
     - Performance (access speed, data compression, etc.)
     - Data integrity
     - Vendor support (documentation, training, repairs)

                              Gerry Key
                              Computer Sciences Corporation
                              4045 Hancock Street
                              San Diego, CA 92110