From: warbob.rice%Rand-Re...@sri-unix.UUCP
Newsgroups: net.graphics
Subject: Blit solution to windows
Date: Sat, 13-Aug-83 12:33:39 EDT

From:  Bob.Warfield <warbob.rice@Rand-Relay>

The Blit is *NOT* an appropriate solution to the problem of providing
windows for Unix. It is *HARDWARE* limited in the number of windows it
supports. The versions I've heard about actually use a separate RS232
line for each window. Furthermore, there is no icon support. I realize
everybody doesn't like icons, but I do, and I think each user should be
given the choice. This is easy to do, since most icons can be replaced
by a box containing text ala VisiOn.

					Bob Warfield