From: hinnant@ittral.UUCP (David Hinnant)
Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards
Subject: VMS UUCP info wanted
Date: Thu, 22-Sep-83 14:17:38 EDT

  I'm trying to find out if there is a VMS implementation of UUCP.  Not a
UUCP running under EUNICE, but a UUCP running under VMS.  Does anyone
know of such a beast?  I don't want a fancy ethernet connection, just a
real, honest-to-goodness  UUCP that I can run over an ordinary serial line.
Surely someone has written such a thing.
  I have heard from a reliable source that DEC is cooking up a VMS
implementation of UUCP, but haven't seen any details.
  My need is one of sharing non-CPU resources (printers, disk files, etc.)
between several VMS 780's and one UNIX 780, so I very much need "uux".

					As they say, "Thanks in advance",
					David Hinnant
					ITT Telecommunications Corp.
					(919) 829-3033