From: lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein)
Newsgroups: net.wanted,net.micro,net.unix
Subject: non-Unix UUCP implementations
Date: Sat, 19-Nov-83 05:19:35 EST

Yes, my UUCP implementation (which includes mail and netnews
generation and handling) will be available for the IBM-PC, both
for MSDOS and Coherent.  The MSDOS version will hopefully appear
very early in '84.  The implementation allows the user to become
a Usenet site and of course to forward mail to other sites (i.e.
you do not have to act only as a "terminal" mail node.)

Another version of my code for native VMS is also under development;
it has the same mail/netnews features and (being written from
scratch) will *NOT* require paying for a Unix binary license.
I might also add that it doesn't have any of the Unix UUCP bugs, either!
Full mail interfacing into VMS is being supported.

--Lauren--
{decvax, allegra, ihnp4, harpo, randvax}!vortex!lauren