From: geo...@idis.UUCP (George Rosenberg)
Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards
Subject: 4.2 BSD site list as of 17 Mar 84
Date: Sun, 18-Mar-84 23:50:19 EST

	4.2 BSD sites as of 17 Mar 84

This is a list of sites running 4.2 BSD that voluntarily
wanted their name, address, etc. made publicly available.
If you would like your site entry added, deleted, corrected
or changed, send me the appropriate information.
If you do so, please specify which of these actions you are requesting.
Please check your site's entry for correctness.
I will attempt to acknowledge receipt.

This list contains data that was reported to me.
No attempt was made to confirm the accuracy of this data.
In particular no attempt was made to verify the license claims.

In some cases I have included the return address from
the mail I received.  The detailed list is below.
An abbreviated list in table format is posted separately.

The second number in the total indicates machines that were
not yet delivered or not yet converted to 4.2 BSD.
The total counts each Purdue dual vax as one machine.

site
person
address
	network address
	phone number
	date of information
		per machine information:
		number of machines, machine type, license type

machine type:	vax 730 | vax 750 | vax 780 | sun | sun 2 | ETCETERA
license type:	source | binary | pirated

	George Rosenberg

	duke!mcnc!idis!george
	decvax!idis!george

	7070 Forward Ave.
	Pittsburgh, PA 15217

		4.2 BSD sites as of 17 Mar 84
		   46 sites, 155+10 machines
		     sorted by site name

Atari
Chuck Untulis
1196 Borregas
Sunnyvale, CA  94087
	untulis-atari@rand-relay
	Jan 84
		vax 780

BRL
Doug Kingston
Attn: DRSMC-BLV-V
Apg, MD  21005
	Jan 84
		vax

CAE Systems Inc.
Brian Gill-Price
1333 Bordeaux Dr.
Sunnyvale CA, 94089
	ittvax!amd70!cae780
	decwrl!qubix!cae780
	hplabs!cae780
	decvax!harpo!seismo!hao!hplabs!cae780!bgp [return address]
	Feb 84
		vax 780, source

Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica
Jim McKie, Teus Hagen
Kruislaan 413
1098 SJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands
	mcvax!jim, mcvax!teus
	mcnc!decvax!mcvax!jim [return address]
	+31 20 5924147, +31 20 5924127
	February 1984
		1 vax 780 source
		2 vax 750 source
		1 sun 1.5 source

Colorado State University
Mike Vevco
102 NRLL
Ft. Collins, CO  80523
	hplabs!csu-cs!csugnot!mike
	Jan 84
		vax 730
		vax 750

Columbia University Dept of Computer Science
Robert Cattani
450 Computer Science
Columbia University
New York, NY  10027
	catt...@cu-gar.arpa
	decvax!ucbvax!CATT...@COLUMBIA-20.ARPA [return address]
	212-280-8092
	Mar 84
		6 vax 750, source
		5 sun, source

Cornell University Department of Computer Science
William A. Nesheim
405 Upson Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
	UUCP: {vax135,uw-beaver}!cornell!bill
	ARPA: bill@Cornell
	BITNET: bill@CRNLCS
	decvax!arpa:cornell!bill [return address]
	(607) 256-4052
	March 2, 1984
		2 vax 780 source
		2 vax 750 source
		3 sun binary

Dartmouth College
Stephen Campbell
Kiewit Computation Center
Hanover, NH 03755
	{decvax|linus|cornell}!dartvax!steve
	603-646-2643
		2 vax 750, source

Decision Systems Laboratory: see University of Pittsburgh

Denelcor, Inc.
Lyle McElhaney
17000 E. Ohio Pl.
Aurora, Co 80017
	(hao,nbires,stcvax,scgvaxd)!denelcor!lmc
	mcnc!hplabs!hp-lsd!denelcor!lmc [return address]
	Feb 84
		vax 750
		porting 4.2 to the HEP1000

Digital Equipment Corp. (decvax)
Armando Stettner
Digital Equipment Corp.
MK2-1/H10
Continental Blvd.
Merrimack, NH, 03054
	decvax!aps
	Feb 6, 1984
		vax 780
		vax 750
		vax 730
		vax 7XX
		source 4BSD, v6, v7, 32v, System III, System V

Emory University
Ken Mandelberg
Dept. of Math and Computer Sci
Atalnta, Ga 30322
	{akgua,sb1,gatech}!emory!km
	floyd!akgua!emory!km [return address]
	(404) 329-7963
	February 1984
		source license

GenRad
Rob Wood
37 Great Road, Bolton, MA  01740
	decvax!genrad!rob
	617-779-2811 X6365
	Feb 84
		1 vax 780, source

Health Systems International
Richard Stevens
100 Broadway
New Haven, CT 06511
	ihnp4!hsi!stevens
	mcnc!ihnp4!hsi!stevens [return address]
	(203) 562-2101
	Feb 84
		vax 750
		System V source license

Hewlett Packard
Dave Lennert
11000 Wolfe Rd.
Cupertino, CA  95014
	ucbvax!hpda!davel
	Jan 84
		vax 750

High Altitude Observatory/NCAR
Peter Gross
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder CO 80307
	hao!pag
	mcnc!hplabs!hao!pag [return address]
	(303)-497-1505
	Feb. 1984
		2 vax 750 source

IDS
Bob Thurman
2231 Calle de Luna
Santa Clara, CA  95050
	Jan 84
		vax 750

John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
Joe Kelsey
PO Box C9090
Everett, WA  98206
	uw-beaver!fluke!joe
	mcnc!ihnp4!uw-beaver!fluke!joe [return address]
	(206) 356-5933
		4 vax 780, source

Logica UK Ltd
London, England
Chris Seabrook
(logica)
	ENGLAND!ukc!edcaad!logica!chris
	decvax!microso!logica!chris
	phone: 636 1511 extn 2633
	Feb 84
		vax 750 source

Lucasfilm
M. Seiden
PO Box 2009
San Rafael, CA  94912
	ucbvax!dajobah!ms
	Jan 84
		vax 750
		vax 780
		sun

Marine Physical Lab of SIO at UCSD: see University of California at San Diego

Memorial University of Newfoundland
garfield
Michael Rayment
Computer Science Department,
St. John's, Nfld, A1C 5S7, Canada
	{allegra,ihnp4,garfield,utcsgrv}!garfield!mike
	floyd!allegra!garfield!sean [return address, different person]
	(709) 737-8711
	Tuesday February 14, 1984
		vax 780
		source

New York University
Lou Salkind
251 Mercer St.
NYC, NY   10012
	salkind@nyu
	cmcl2!salkind
	decvax!harpo!cmcl2!salkind [return address]
	(212) 460-7288
	Feb. 14, 1984
		2 vax 750	source
		2 vax 780	source
		1 Pyramid	source
		2 sun		binary
		1 Ridge		binary

Norwegian Telecommunications Administration
Research Establishment
Ole Jacobsen and Paal Spilling
PO box 83
N-2007 Kjeller
Norway
	decvax!ucbvax!...@NTA-VAX.ARPA [return address]
	Phone +47 2 73 91 75
	Feb 84

NYU: see New York University

Purdue University, Department of Computer Science
Kevin C. Smallwood
Department of Computer Science
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907
	{decvax|ucbvax}!purdue!kcs
	kcs@Purdue
	(317) 494-6180
	February 22, 1984
		3 vax 780 source

Purdue University Engineering Computer Network
George Goble	pur-ee!ghg
Electrical Engineering Building
Purdue University
W. Lafayette, IN 47907
	{ allegra, decvax, ihnp4, ucbvax, purdue } !pur-ee!ghg
	3/12/84
		12 vax 780 source
		4 Purdue dual vax 780 source

Qubix Graphic Systems
Mark S. Callow
18835 Cox Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!msc
	...{ittvax,amd70}!qubix!msc
	decwrl!qubix!...@Berkeley.ARPA
	(408) 370-9229
		1 vax 750, source
		1 sun 1.5, 4.1c source (soon to be 1 sun 2 with 4.2 source)
		3 sun 1.5, 4.1c binary (soon to be 3 sun 2 with 4.2 binarys)

SRI International
Dan Chernikoff or Greg Satz
333 Ravenswood Ave.
Menlo Park, CA  94025
	dan@sri-tsc
	decvax!ucbvax!...@sri-tsc.ARPA [return address]
	(415) 859-4144
	Feb 84
		2 vax 730, source
		1 vax 750, source
		17 sun, binary

Stanford University/Computer Science Dept
Jeffrey Mogul
Computer Science Department
Stanford University
Stanford, CA.  94305
	mogul@Shasta
	decvax!ucbvax!mo...@Shasta.ARPA [return address]
	(415) 497-3088
		5 vax 750, source
		3 sun, binary

Stanford University, SUMEX/HPP
William Croft
Med Ctr, TB105
Stanford, CA  94305
	croft@sumex
	ucbvax!shasta!croft
	Jan 84
		vax

Sun
Bill Shannon
2550 Garcia
Mountain View, CA  94043
	ucbvax!sun!shannon
	decvax!sun!shannon
	Jan 84
		sun 2

University of Alberta (alberta)
Steve Sutphen
Robert Lake
Department of Computing Science
The University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada	T6G 2H1
	ihnp4!alberta!steve (Steve Sutphen)
	ihnp4!alberta!lake (Robert Lake)
	mcnc!ihnp4!alberta!lake [return address]
	(403) 432-4768
	(403) 432-5640
	February 20, 1984
		2 vax 780 source
		1 vax 730 source
		4 sun     4.1c binary

University of California at Berkeley
Jim Bloom
	ucbvax!bloom
	bloom@berkeley
	Jan 84
		vax 730
		vax 750
		vax 780

University of California, San Diego, (UCSD) Computer center
Jim Madden
	sdcsvax!madden
	mcnc!ihnp4!sdcrdcf!sdcsvax!sdccsu3!madden [return address]
	(619) 452-2682
	2/26/83 [I think this should be 84, GKR]
		3 vax 750 source	(sdccs5, sdccs6, sdccs7)
		1 vax 780 source	(sdccsu3)

University of California at San Diego
Marine Physical Laboratory of SIO at UCSD
John McInerney
MPL of SIO at UCSD (Mail Code P-004)
San Diego, CA  92152
	ucbvax!sdcsvax!mplvax!john
	(619) 294-3651
	Jan 84
		2 vax 750 source

University of California at San Francisco
R. H. Karpinski
U-76 UCSF
San Francisco, CA  94143
	Jan 84
		vax 750

University of Central Florida
Ben Goldfarb
P.O. Box 25000
Orlando, FL 32816
	ucf-cs
	mcnc!duke!ucf-cs!goldfarb [return address]
	(305) 275-2341
	February 13, 1983

University of Colorado, Boulder
Evi Nemeth/Dwight Melcher
Campus Box 430, Boulder, CO 80303
	hao!boulder!evi
	hao!boulder!dwight
	decvax!duke!adiron!boulder!dwight [return address]
	(303) 492-6361/ (303) 492-7919
	Feb 84
		2 vax 780 source
		1 vax 750 source
		3 sun 2 source

University of Kent, UK
Peter Collinson
Computing Laboratory,
University of Kent,
Canterbury, Kent. UK
	vax135!ukc!pc
	mcvax!ukc!pc
	floyd!vax135!ukc!pc [return address]
	20/February/84
		1 vax 750, source

University of North Carolina
Department of Computer Science
John Menges
New West Hall 035A
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
	decvax!mcnc!unc!menges
        (919) 962-7554
        27-Jan-84
		1 vax 780, source
		soon: 1 more vax 780, source

University of Pittsburgh Decision Systems Laboratory
Russell Yount (cadre!ry) or
Sean McLinden (cadre!sean)
1360 Scaife Hall
University of Pittsburgh
School of Medicine
Pittsburgh, PA  15261
	decvax!duke!mcnc!idis!cadre!ry
	decvax!duke!mcnc!idis!cadre!sean
	Jan 84
 		vax 780
		sun 2
		source

University of Texas Astronomy
McDonald Observatory
Fritz Benedict
U of Texas
Austin, TX  78712
	{...seismo,decvax}!kpno!utastro!fritz
	{...ihnp4,eagle}!ut-ngp!utastro!fritz
	fritz@ut-ngp
	(512) 471-4461 x448
	Feb 84
		1 sun-2/100
		1 sun-2/150

University of Texas, Computer Sciences
John Quarterman
Department of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712
	j...@ut-sally.ARPA
	ihnp4!ut-sally!jsq
	seismo!ut-sally!jsq
	mcnc!ihnp4!ut-sally!jsq [return address]
	512-471-7316
		1 vax 780 source
		1 vax 750 source

University of Utah
Jay Lepreau
Computer Science Department
Salt Lake City, UT  84112
	harpo!utah-cs!lepreau
	Jan 84
		2 sun

University of Waterloo Computer Science (watcgl)
Dave Martindale
Computer Science,
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
N2l 3G1
	{allegra,utzoo,clyde,...}!watmath!dmmartindale
	519-885-1211 x2684
	07-Feb-84
		vax 780, source

University of Waterloo Math Faculty Computing Facility
watmath,watrose,watdaisy,watdcsu,wateng
Alex White
Math Faculty Computing Facility,
University of Waterloo,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
N2L 3G1
	{allegra,utzoo,clyde,...}!watmath!arwhite
	519-885-1211 x2030
	07-Feb-84
		5 vax 780, source

Verdix Corporation, Western Operations
Stephen Scalpone
19665 SW TV Hwy, Suite B
Aloha, OR 97006
	verdix!rascal
	mcnc!rlgvax!vrdxhq!verdix!rascal [return address]
	(503) 642-4032
	February, 7, 1984
		vax 750

Zilog