From: he...@utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer)
Newsgroups: net.sources,net.cog-eng
Subject: public-domain getopt
Date: Thu, 12-Apr-84 17:41:58 EST

There has been so much interest in the public-domain getopt that I
have decided to post it to net.cog-eng as well as net.sources.  It's
not large (under 7KB) and there are various interested places that
don't get net.sources.  This is it.

I've included sources for both getopt(3) and getopt(1).  The latter
is a program that provides similar facilities to shell programs; it's
less successful than getopt(3) but still useful.  Please note the last
item in the BUGS section of getopt(1) carefully.

None of this software is derived from Bell software.  I had no access
to the source for Bell's versions at the time I wrote it.  This software
is hereby explicitly placed in the public domain.  It may be used for
any purpose on any machine by anyone.

Here are source for getopt(3), its manual page, source for getopt(1),
and its manual page.
-----
Code
-----