From: darr...@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long)
Newsgroups: net.arch,net.unix,net.micro.att
Subject: AT&T 3B-2's
Date: Fri, 3-May-85 17:22:42 EDT

*** REPLACE AT&T's MARKETING STAFF ***

	Well, here is a short summary of what I learned in my quest for
3B-2 lore.

1. The only public document that describes the processor in any detail
   is the 5620 ``BLIT'' manual.  This is the manual for the bit-mapped
   display, not the 3B-2, so all things are not applicable.

2. Internal documents do exist which describe, in great detail, all
   that one would care to know about the WE-3200x processor module.
   These documents have ``proprietary'' stamped all over them, and
   so are of no use to students (since I can't Xerox them or in any
   way get copies to my students).

	A wise friend of mine once said that if AT&T ever hopes to be
the giant in the computer industry that it hopes to be, that it would
do well to buy IBM's marketing department.  Now, I see that my friend
is probably right.
--
Darrell Long
University of California, San Diego