From: he...@utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer)
Newsgroups: net.sources
Subject: public-domain getwd(3)
Date: Wed, 4-Jul-84 17:21:24 EDT

The following is the source and manual page for a public-domain getwd(3)
routine, the C function equivalent of the pwd(1) program.  This stuff has
been written from scratch without reference to Bell or Berkeley sources.
It may be used by anyone, on any system, for any purpose.  It has been
tested on both V7 and 4.1BSD, and is believed to contain no gratuitous
system dependencies, with one exception:  it wants the Berkeley routines
for directory scanning.  It could easily be fixed to bypass this need,
but since I think the directory routines are a Good Thing and their use
should be encouraged, I haven't done so.

Note that the reference in the manual page to pwd(1) running setuid-root
may not be true everywhere (although it should be made true everywhere...).

-----
Code
-----
--