From: fnf@unisoft.UUCP (fred fish)
Newsgroups: net.emacs
Subject: Emacs subset (In TECO)
Date: Thu, 8-Nov-84 00:44:11 EST

About two years ago while working on small PDP-11 systems
running RSX11-M, I had occasion to write a EMACS subset editor
in TECO-11 macros (mostly as an exercise in TECO macros that
got out of hand).  Anyway, most of the commonly used commands
are supported and only slight (about 10 lines of code) changes
are required to the TECO source code itself, mostly having to
do with where to look for startup files.  It is also small enough
to run on a PDP-11/23 (by yourself!!!).

If there is any interest, I can whip up a distribution tape
including the TECO source (in MACRO-11), documentation for
both TECO and EMACS-11, and some other misc stuff.  I imagine
that the whole package is probably a little too large to consider
posting to net.sources, although the macro package itself might
be appropriate.

Anyway, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, send mail
and I'll see what I can do.