From: hinnant@ittral.UUCP (David Hinnant)
Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards
Subject: VAX Sys V.2 configuration advice needed
Date: Fri, 16-Nov-84 08:56:16 EST

  I've just learned from our management that we'll probably order 4 new
VAXen Real Soon Now.  The folks that want to do this are Bell shaped
(i.e. formerly from AT&T Bell Labs) management people. They believe that
the only real UNIX is UNIX System V.2  (No flames please.)  The trouble
is that they want to network (i.e. cluster) these things.  I've played
with a 3B2, but don't have any experience with V.2 on a VAX.  I need to
find out what communications devices, both serial and otherwise, are
supported by System V.2 on VAXen, and what networking facilities other
than UUCP are available.  These machines will probably not have source
code since everyone knows that System V.2 is a "supported product".
Does anyone have a list of V.2 device drivers and/or networking
facilities?

					David Hinnant
					ITT - Telecom
					LSI Design Center