From: dfh@SCINEWS.UUCP (David F. Hinnant)
Newsgroups: net.news.b
Subject: 2.10.2 help wanted
Date: Tue, 4-Jun-85 09:45:23 EDT

We run a System III variant (port done by Interactive Systems Corp)
called IN/ix on a 80186 system.  We've recently installed 2.10.2, and
have met with Mixed Results and didn't like her.  Here's a edited list
of the messages we constantly recieve, in no particular order:

Message 1:
inews: Unknown newsgroup removed 'net.micro.att'
inews: Newsgroups in active, but not in sys
=====
If I have net.all in my sys file, shouldn't that take care of 'net.micro.att'
too?  This message occurs with other groups as well.

Message 2:
inews: News system locked up
=====
Occurs often after messages 1 and 3.

Message 3:
inews: Cannot install article as /news/spool/junk/117
inews: Link into /news/spool/junk/117 failed, errno 23, check dir permissions.
=====
We have directory permissions 777 on all directories.  Because of the way
our system handles SUID, we have to run inews as SUID root.  After inserting
some dubugging code, we believe the message to be the result of a race
condition, but have yet to prove it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

--
				David Hinnant