From: te...@nrcvax.UUCP (Terry Grevstad)
Newsgroups: net.books,net.text,net.wanted
Subject: a READABLE nroff/troff manual????
Date: Thu, 1-Aug-85 15:13:31 EDT

I've got to learn Nroff/Troff in a hurry, and I find the Nroff/Troff
User's Manual highly unenlightening.  Does anyone know of a book out
there that gives a fuller explanation of the subject?  Maybe with some
good, clear examples?  I've gone through everything in the UNIX User's
Manual Supplementary Documents, and right now I feel like I'm wading
in very deep water.  The only other word processing type systems I'm
familiar with are things like WordStar and WordPerfect--not
anything like typesetting.  Maybe a good book on typesetting would
help????

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

                                   Terry Grevstad
                                   ...!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!terry

"The man who insists upon seeing with perfect clearness before he decides,
never decides."                       -Henri Frederic Amiel-