From: dfh@scirtp.UUCP (David F. Hinnant)
Newsgroups: net.news.newsite
Subject: reposting new site info: scirtp - SCI Systems in RTP
Date: Sun, 25-Aug-85 14:17:10 EDT

This is a reposting of our site data.  I posted this a couple of months
ago, but we've changed out site name from upper case to lower case so
replies can get back to us without any problems.  Also, Mark Horton said
he didn't see our new site posting, so maybe it never made it to all the
network (it did make it out of this site - I checked two sites away after
posting.)

Name of site.

	scirtp

What the site is all about.

	This is the main network site for SCI Technology, Inc. in Research
	Triangle Park, NC.  We're the software development center for SCI
	Systems out of Huntsville Alabama.

	We develop systems software for SCI's line of supermicros:  the
	SCI 1000 (80186, System V) and SCI 2000 (80186 & 80286, System V.2)
	Scirtp is a front end for mail and news.  Right now, we have 7
	SCI 1000's networked together.  Only scirtp is visible to UUCP
	though.

Site machine:

	SCI 1000

Name of contact persons at site.

	Maureen Chew
	David Hinnant

Electronic mail address of contact persons.

	{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!maureen
	{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!dfh

U.S. Mail address of contact persons.

	SCI System, Inc.
	P.O. Box 12557
	Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

Phone number of contact person.

	(919)549-8334

Systems with whom news articles are exchanged.

	rti-sel	uucp @ 1200 baud	bi-directional - incoming news is
					batched and delivered after hours
					to decrease loading.

Systems with whom mail is exchanged.

	rti-sel	 uucp @ 1200 baud	bi-directional - both on demand,
					and polling every 4 hours or so.

	ittral	 uucp @ 1200 baud	bi-directional - both on demand,
					and polling twice a day.

Willingness (or lack thereof) to connect to new sites that
want to join usenet.

	We will communicate with most any SCI customer on a first come
	basis as a news feed.

	Check with contact person for details.

--
				David Hinnant