From: dfh@scirtp.UUCP (David F. Hinnant)
Newsgroups: net.periphs,net.wanted
Subject: Suggestions for 9-track tape drives wanted.
Date: Fri, 13-Sep-85 11:02:35 EDT

  We (the software group) are looking for suggestions for:

	* Multibus controllers for 9-track tape drives
and
	* 9 track tape drives for a meduim size multibus UNIX box.

that they (the hardware group) didn't specify when designing our machine
(the yet-to-be-released SCI 2000).  I've used a Cipher front-loading tape
drive a while ago, but I remember it had problems with small reels.  Are
there any vendors that supply device drivers for their controllers?  Any
advice welcome.

				As they say, Thanks in advance.

--
				David Hinnant