From: Daniel_S._Conde.osbuno...@Xerox.ARPA
Newsgroups: net.works
Subject: info on CMU 3M Machine
Date: Mon, 23-Sep-85 16:45:09 EDT
Sender: dae...@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU

From: conde.osbuno...@Xerox.ARPA

Does anyone have info or pointers to articles on the CMU 3M Machine?
It's been publicized after Steve Jobs quit Apple for build a workstation
with the 3 M's: 1M x 1M bitmap, 1 MIPs, and 1 Meg RAM, running UNIX, and
is supposed to be built in coopereration with IBM, HP, SUN, ATT, DEC and
Apple. It's also supposed to be dirt cheap. I know about the plan to
wire CMU up, some info on the SPICE machines, but the name 3M is new to
me...

	Dan Conde
	conde.pa@Xerox