From: i...@hou2a.UUCP (I.KINAL)
Newsgroups: net.lang.c,net.unix
Subject: BOOKS: Advanced UNIX(TM) Programming; Systems Software Tools
Date: Mon, 18-Nov-85 10:30:35 EST

Has anyone any recommendations on either book (both published by Prentice
Hall; I haven't seen them yet in my local bookstore; they both look
interesting, but I've seen some pretty poor books hyped even better ).
Here's the promos on both:
------------------------
Advanced UNIX (TM) Programming by Marc J. Rochkind.  Here's comprehensive,
practical advice on how and when to use - and not use system calls.
265 pp. $32.95.

Systems Software Tools by Ted J. Biggerstaff.  This easy-to-follow, new
guide gives you the latest details on the C language and compiler,
interrupt and communications hardware, terminal emulators, window
interfaces, multitasking window systems, and concurrency structures.
250 pp. $28.95.

Thanx in advance
Ihor Kinal
{hou2a | hru3c} !ijk