From: gem...@homxb.UUCP (Rick Richardson)
Newsgroups: net.arch
Subject: Challenge to Intel
Date: Sun, 1-Dec-85 05:48:27 EST

A month or two ago, Intel created a stir on this newsgroup by announcing
the Intel 386.  They claimed that the message was sent from a live 386
running UNIX.  In response, I requested that the Dhrystone benchmark
be run on the machine, and the results sent to me for inclusion in the
seen anything from Intel, even though I've sent the source and request
twice.

I challenge you folks at Intel to back up your announcement with
a dhrystone run.  Do it soon, and send the results directly to me.
I'll protect anonymity if so desired.

Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc. (201) 922-1134
..!ihnp4!houxm!castor!{rer,pcrat!rer} <--Replies to here, not to homxb!!!