From: ch...@butler.UUCP (David Chinn)
Newsgroups: net.unix,net.unix-wizards
Subject: Unix History
Date: Sat, 31-May-86 11:05:31 EDT

Sorry if this has been asked before....

Could anyone give me a short run down on lineage
of the major lines of UNIX? Perhaps a brief narration
or a family tree showing how sys V and 4.3 and such
are all related.  I am primarily interested in AT&T and
Berkley, VAXEN and PDP's;  where do 3b2 and 2.9 fit in?

				Thanks in advance;

    ... uw-beaver                                david m chinn
	   !tikal!dataio                         box 639
	       !butler!chinn     	         redmond,  wash 98073