From: faus...@ucbcad.berkeley.edu (Wayne A. Christopher)
Newsgroups: comp.text
Subject: Re: Why troff?
Date: Wed, 21-Jan-87 13:47:03 EST

The one thing I've heard that troff is better than TeX with is tables --
I've used tbl a lot and it seems to work fine, but others who have used
TeX's table-making facilities complain that they are not very convenient.
(Are there any good macro packages for tables in TeX?) Other than that,
it's just inertia...  Also, what sort of self-respecting UNIX hack would
use a text formatter written in Pascal?  :-)

	Wayne