From: f...@alice.UUCP
Newsgroups: comp.sources.d
Subject: "Public Domain" YACC - AT&T Position on Proprietary and Copyrighted Software
Date: Wed, 25-Feb-87 12:25:55 EST

AT&T SOFTWARE

Recently, there have been several comments and opinions given on this network
regarding AT&T protecting its source code software, and what rights AT&T
retains if someone exposes the software to unauthorized persons. Please be
aware that AT&T investigates each suspected violation of its source code
software agreements. We work diligently to protect our proprietary interests.

When unauthorized source code exposures are made, it is a result of someone
violating an AT&T agreement. Because the code was exposed does not make it
public domain, and the proprietary rights still remain with AT&T.

Please be aware we are tracing down a recent exposure of some of our
source code on this network, and we have, and will continue to take,
corrective action.

Questions regarding source code software licensing should be referred to
1-800-828-UNIX.

                                          Otis Wilson
                                          General Manager
                                          AT&T UNIX(r) Software Licensing