From: d...@rice.EDU (Donn Baumgartner)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.wizards
Subject: 4.3 bsd on PC/AT
Date: Tue, 8-Sep-87 17:26:14 EDT
Sender: n...@brl-adm.ARPA

I am interested in hearing of anyone else that might be involved (or
desires to be involved) in port 4.3 bsd to the PC/AT.  I got involved
with Doug Gilmore (formerly at illnois) in just such a port, and would
like to reduce any duplication of effort - if such exists.  Please
reply to me directly (d...@rice.edu).

Current status of the project:  we have a running kernel (pretty stable),
and various device drivers.  We could use some help with the rest of the
device drivers, as currently there are only a few of us available on a
part-time basis to work on this project.  We have a native compilation
system... just recently ported.  If 4.3 bsd on a PC/AT interests you,
send me mail.  Simple bench marks confirm that the AT is faster than
your average vax 11/780 (but that's not surprising really).

Donn Baumgartner
Rice University, Dept of CS
Disclaimer:  my research advisor would deny that I exist, much less
	     have anything to do with my opinions...