From: gra...@noao.arizona.edu (Steve Grandi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: PC/VI
Date: 8 Feb 88 20:43:53 GMT

Has anyone heard from Custom Software Services, the folks who sell PC/VI?
Reports from a friend's procurement office report a busy phone for 2 weeks
(I've only tried one day), recent computer magazines show no ads and a note
in another newsgroup says that their UUCP node is dead.  Sounds bad for the
company!  I guess I will have to steer people to MKS instead.

Oh well, PC/VI is a fine product (I have S/N 27) and probably didn't need
any more enhancments.
--
Steve Grandi, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson AZ, 602-325-9228
UUCP: {arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4}!noao!grandi  or  uunet!noao.arizona.edu!grandi

> Has anyone heard from Custom Software Services, the folks who sell PC/VI?
> Reports from a friend's procurement office report a busy phone for 2 weeks
> (I've only tried one day), recent computer magazines show no ads and a note
> in another newsgroup says that their UUCP node is dead.  Sounds bad for the
> company!  I guess I will have to steer people to MKS instead.
>
> Oh well, PC/VI is a fine product (I have S/N 27) and probably didn't need
> any more enhancments.

If you are talking about Custom Software Systems, I too have been trying to
reach them w/o success.  The phone is always busy.  If the company is
defunct, what happens to their copyright on PC/VI?

Jim Sitek