From: dty...@sultra.UUCP (Dermot Tynan)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.questions,comp.unix.wizards
Subject: Source pricing...
Date: 2 Sep 88 00:59:02 GMT

I don't know if this is the most kosher of subjects, but I'm curious...
What are the costs like for source or binary licences for BSD 4.? or
System V??  I'm not interested in a dollars and cents (ie correct to nearest
fraction of a cent) type answers, I'd just like a rough guess.  I once heard
it cost $80K for a BSD source licence.  How accurate is that?  As far as
binary licences are concerned, I'm referring to a VAX 780-type machine.  I
also read (in a _good_ book on UN*X by Waites), that AT&T turned a blind eye
to people having illicit copies of the source, as long as they didn't use it
for commercial gain.  I find that hard to believe.  That is a situation that
could get out of hand in a *hurry*.  Oh, I almost forgot - what about source
licences for XENIX???  I don't want any nasty messages, or comments about it
being related to the *type* of licence.  I'd just like an all-round average
number.  Thanks in advance,
	- Der
--
ME:	dty...@sultra.UUCP (Dermot Tynan)	postmas...@sultra.UUCP