From: r...@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey)
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: MINIX and harddisk
Date: 7 Sep 88 12:13:31 GMT

Hello,

We have Minix 1.2 and are teaching course in advanced operating systems
and plan to walk through the Minix source code through the semester.

My question is, is it possible to install Minix on a harddisk partition
such that DOS and Minix could somewhat co-exist on the harddisk?  I seem
to recall someone mentioning it once, but that was a while back.

Also, with version 1.3 coming out, what (and how much) is the best method
for getting upgrade (or new) disks to version 1.3, and who should I contact?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Y'all com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37130 ___________________________