From: g...@stl.stc.co.uk
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.tcp-ip
Subject: Specification of Berkeley networking utilities
Date: 20 Oct 88 10:51:37 GMT
Sender: n...@stl.stc.co.uk

Is there a public domain specification of the Berkeley networking
utilities such as rlogin?

The type of question that I would expect to be able to answer given a
specification is the use made out-of-band data in rlogin for example.

A second and related question is why does the SunOS 4.0 implementation
of rlogin and rsh reject connections with client port numbers in the
range 0-512? My desire for specification of the interoperability
requirements of these networking utilities was partly prompted by the
failure of our local rlogin implementation to interwork with the new
Sun implementation.

Regards,
        Gary Nebbett           STL, London Road, Harlow, Essex  CM17 9NA, UK
g...@stl.stc.co.uk <or> ...uunet!mcvax!ukc!stl!grn <or> PSI%234237100122::GRN