From: mys...@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Swamy Bale)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.questions
Subject: Is there any wordprocessor in unix
Date: 21 Jun 89 20:34:58 GMT

Hi everybody

   Just wondering, is there any word processor utility in UNIX bsd 4.2

S.Bale.

From: ch...@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.questions
Subject: Re: Is there any wordprocessor in unix
Date: 22 Jun 89 03:52:25 GMT

In article <7...@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mys...@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Swamy Bale) writes:
>   Just wondering, is there any word processor utility in UNIX bsd 4.2

If you will define `word processor', we might be able to answer.

My favourite definition is:

	A food processor does to food what a word processor does to
	words.

Now, if you want to do fine typesetting, rather than slice-n-dice words,
TeX, LaTeX, and troff are all available.  4.2BSD does not come with the
first two, but they can be obtained cheaply (typically for the price of
a trip to the neighbouring University, where they already have one).
Domain:	ch...@mimsy.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris

>    Just wondering, is there any word processor utility in UNIX bsd 4.2
>
> S.Bale.

Yes, its called 'vi'.

--
Larry Taborek	..!uunet!grebyn!macom1!larry	Centel Federal Systems
		la...@macom1.UUCP		11400 Commerce Park Drive