From: b...@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mips
Subject: vmstat
Date: 9 Oct 89 21:07:29 GMT

M/120, RISC/os 4.01:

	% vmstat
	No vmstat in this release.

When?  (Release notes just say "planned for a future release".)
5.0?

Paul DuBois
dub...@primate.wisc.edu

From: rog...@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mips
Subject: Re: vmstat
Date: 10 Oct 89 02:27:23 GMT

In article <8...@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> b...@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral)
writes:
>M/120, RISC/os 4.01:
>
>	% vmstat
>	No vmstat in this release.
>
>When?  (Release notes just say "planned for a future release".)
>5.0?

It will probably *not* be completed for the next full-product-line release
(which, as of this date, probably will *not* be called 5.0, but will have
any features you may have been told to expect in that release).  Our new
VM system is sufficiently closer to BSD's as to make the task somewhat
simpler, but it's still not identical, and we don't want to make a half
attempt at it.

For now, "vsar -upwbcr" should supply sufficiently similar info.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086                        rog...@mips.COM