From: c...@pur-ee.UUCP (Craig S Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: RISC multiprocessors
Date: 2 Nov 89 18:27:55 GMT

Does anyone know of commericial implementations of bus-based
multiprocessor RISC machines? I know about the DG AVion file server, and
an 8-processor 88K based multiprocessor from Tadpole Technologies that
uses the Motorola Hypermodule.

If there's interest, I'll post my summary to the net. I think machines
based on these processors could give their CISC counterparts (eg
multimax, sequent etc.) a real run for the money.

--craig hughes

c...@ec.ecn.purdue.edu

>Does anyone know of commericial implementations of bus-based
>multiprocessor RISC machines?

>I think machines based on these processors could give their CISCi
>counterparts (eg multimax, sequent etc.) a real run for the money.

Maybe not. What if one of the current CISC parallel machine vendors should
decide to make a RISC parallel machine?

--
          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclae...@erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB