From: edwa...@hpcuhc.HP.COM (Edward McClanahan)
Newsgroups: comp.os.mach
Subject: Byte article on Mach
Date: 14 Nov 89 22:40:26 GMT

In case you hadn't seen it and would like an introduction to Mach, Avadis
Tevanian Jr. and Ben Smith have an article in the November '89 Byte magazine
entitled "Mach: The Model For Future Unix".  The article is written in a
fairly introductory style, but does cover the following:

  Great Ideas from a Small Team
  Tasks and Threads
  Ports, Port Sets, and Messages
  The Memory Object
  Virtual Memory
  Open Memory Management
  The Mach Kernel and IPC
  Exception Handling vs. Signal Handling
  System Layers
  OS/2 and Mach
  The Future of Mach

  ...and a sidebar on Mach on the NeXT Cube

  Edward McClanahan
  Hewlett Packard Company
  Mail Stop 47UE              -or-     edwardm%h...@hplabs.hp.com
  19447 Pruneridge Avenue
  Cupertino, CA  95014                 Phone: (408)447-5651