From: st...@dhw68k.cts.com (Rick 'Transputer' Stein)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Evans and Sutherland quits the superbusiness
Date: 18 Nov 89 02:22:11 GMT

The New York Times reported today that E&S is bowing out of the
superconfuser business.  The aritcle, by John Markoff, states that
their system, believed to be a VLIW flavor, is having both hardware
and software production problems, and that the performance is not
quite as competitive as they had once thought.  I guess those
Livermore Loops are worth something!
--
Richard M. Stein (aka, Rick 'Transputer' Stein)
Sole proprietor of Rick's Software Toxic Waste Dump and Kitty Litter Co.