From: j...@bu-pub.bu.edu (Jason Heirtzler)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.ultrix
Subject: license restriction: a real pain
Date: 14 Jun 90 17:11:56 GMT
Sender: n...@bu.edu.bu.edu

When I installed a 16-user license on our DEC-3100 (Ultrix 3.1)
with /etc/install_upgrade(?), all goes well, and when the machine
reboots it says "16 user license", but the old 2-user license
is still being enforced..

Since it's the same /upgrade file on all of the DEC-3100s, and
some of them work fine, it's pretty odd.  A few machines cross
mount /usr and perhaps this is breaking things?

Now, before I ftp to uu.uu.net and just drop in the BSD telnetd
and rlogind, and say "to heck" with the whole silly license business,
can someone comment on what's going on with the license code to
cause this to happen?
Jason Heirtzler           (617) 353-2780       j...@bu-pub.bu.edu
Information Technology    Boston University    ..!bu.edu!bu-pub!jdh