From: w...@aladdin.solvit.co.kr (Taehwan Weon)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.wizards
Subject: 4.4BSD source, available ?
Date: 24 Aug 90 12:51:31 GMT
Sender: n...@adm.BRL.MIL

Hi,

I want to know availablity of the 4.4BSD source.
Where can I contact for the source ?

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanx in advance

THW(Taehwan Weon)

---*--------**--------***--------****--------*****--------******--------*******
 Taehwan Weon			Internet e-mail : w...@aladdin.solvit.co.kr
 SOLVIT Inc.
 784-6 Kisung B/D Yeoksam-Dong Kangnam-Gu
 Seoul, Republic of Korea
 (02)561-0361

From: tims%...@uunet.uu.net (Tim Sesow (Rocky Mntn))
Newsgroups: comp.unix.wizards
Subject: Re: 4.4BSD source, available ?
Date: 24 Aug 90 22:06:10 GMT
Sender: n...@adm.BRL.MIL

> Taehwan Weon <uunet!aladdin.solvit.co.kr!weon> writes:
>I want to know availablity of the 4.4BSD source.
>Where can I contact for the source ?

In order to get the 4.4BSD sources you must first obtain the sourcew
code to AT&T UNIX (since 4.4BSD is a derivative).  Last time I checked
this source cost $100,000 (US) for a commercial organization.

Some sections of the BSD sources are available from UUNET (but are
not up to 4.4, more like 4.2) and other locations via anon-FTP