From: n8443...@unicorn.WWU.EDU (John Gossman)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.ultrix
Subject: MOTIF
Date: 26 Aug 90 21:47:55 GMT

	I am soliciting facts and opinions about the status of
MOTIF on Ultrix.  DEC has publicly announced support of MOTIF and
even that it will replace/integrate DECWindows with MOTIF.  DECWins
shows considerable thought and investment on DEC's part.  Are they
going to "junk" it for the apparently market required MOTIF?  Is MOTIF
even binary license available on the RISC line of workstations?

	Anyone is welcome to reply, publicly or privately.  I would
appreciate input from DEC reps, engineers, end-users, OSF reps, OSF
bashers--facts or opinions.

--John Gossman
SoftSource Inc.

/ My company stands behind my opinions, but only in private /