Date: Wed, 12 Sep 90 17:40:43 -0400
From: John T Kohl <jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
0) present: jfc jon jtkohl don swick tytso
1) next meeting will be 19Sep1990, in E40-316 (Aetna, small conference
2) progress reports:
don: v4/v5 KDC is progressing, ?1-2wks?
tytso: he'll start looking at slave server tomorrow (just started work today)
raeburn: absent; some work probably in progress (due to queries)
bcn, in absentia: he is working on the RFC, hopes to finish this round
by the week-end
jtkohl: lots of stuff done, including alpha "code cut".
jon: will look at db/admin server stuff next week.
jfc: now that all the docs we're going to get on the GSSAPI are here,
jfc will investigate w.r.t. user2user
POSIX compliance verification can hopefully be helped by alpha-testers.
3) short discussion of code auditing procedures; what has & hasn't
worked. For now, we're not doing formal auditing (source is too fluid).
Before final release, we'll do a complete code walk.
4) if you need a KDC to do some testing, you can either (a) build your
own database (and test the tools, and generate instructions), or (b) try
using the config files pointing to LYCUS as the FOO.MIT.EDU realm.
5) Cray Research will be sending an engineer to work here with us on V5;
John expects to have him primarily work on a binary v4/v5 translation
6) Short discussion of schedule; target is mid-October for the base
Kerberos code (exclusive of applications).