From: j...@rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II)
Newsgroups: alt.sources
Subject: Shadow Password Suite, version 2 (part 1 of 5)
Date: 12 Dec 90 18:45:59 GMT
Archive-Name: shadow2.2/login.sh.1

I've started getting a steady stream of requests for this code and thought
it might be nice to post it rather than sending out half a dozen copies
every week.

This is the "old" version of the shadow login code.  There is a new version,
but it isn't completed yet.  If you have been collecting parts of the "new"
version, beware - this isn't completely compatible with it.

There are bugs in the code (as always ...) and I will send out fixes if
you send in bug reports.  The code worked just fine here until I started
working on the new release.  The only problem with fixing this version is
going to be making the branch deltas in SCCS.  Not exactly a big deal,
but don't expect enthusiasm over minor bugs (like, /etc/nologin and how
it is handled ...)  Anyone who has maintained multiple versions of software
using SCCS will attest to the Joy and Satisfaction of doing so.

There are manpages in various places for most of the features.  I will
gladly accept any new ones you write and even give out credit as appropriate.

This code has the old copyright that everyone objected to all over it.
If you read the README file you might begin to understand the whole mess
a little better.  The new code has the new copyright.  You will be
relieved to see it I suppose.
--
Code
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: j...@rpp386.cactus.org