Date: 18 Feb 91 20:24:21 GMT
From: gregh@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Robert G. Hollingsworth)
To: kerberos@shelby.Stanford.EDU

Several months ago, I sent out a query to this group about vendor
support for Kerberos.  I'd like to run Kerberos on some of our hosts,
but this requires that Kerberized client software on a variety of
hosts.  The only way I'm going to be able to run Kerberos here is if I
can I can get 'out of the box' Kerberos clients that require minor
configuration changes.

I received some feedback from my original posting that hinted that I
might someday be able to obtain Kerberized client software for Macs
and PC's, and that Ultrix 4.0 was being shipped with Kerberos.  Sounded
like there might be a chance of running it here someday.

Recently I have heard that DEC is taking Kerberos, incorporating RSA
into it, and redistributing it widely.  I read through their
literature (I'm no cryptography expert), it sounded like a
reasonable addition to me.

Now I fear that I'm going to have a set of DEC hosts that run RSA
Kerberos, and a set of client systems that run standard Kerberos.  Can
anyone comment on what I can expect to see in the future in the
Kerberos arena.  Will we ever be able to use Kerberos in our large
heterogeneous network?

	Greg