Date: Fri, 26 Apr 91 16:52:58 -0400
From: John T Kohl <jtkohl@MIT.EDU>
0. next meeting is 10 May 1991, 3:30 in E40-316
0a. at the 10 May TANSTAAFL, John Kohl will be doing a dry run of his
presentation for the Tromsoe conference
1. user2user code: <jtkohl> reprts it's limping along as of this
afternoon. Still needs some rough edges sanded & such.
2. gss_api: <tytso> reports making some progress, but he's discovered
some problems with using it for Kerberos; see the discuss
meeting/mailing list for details. Hopefully this'll be fixed before
3. library change proposal: while it has technical merits, the risk of
screwing up are deemed too great at this stage in the game.
<jis> mutters about lack of structure tags making a change after beta a
3. attack plan for May: still nebulous; mostly a "get comfortable with
the code" deal.
It also includes some "knowledge transfer" from <jtkohl> to <tytso>
about things, including:
anonymous FTP area
release building & such
<jtkohl> will certainly not be around MIT in July, and June is not certain.
4. other stuff:
Security Dynamics is apparently making excessive claims about
what we're doing w.r.t. smart cards & public key cryptography. Other
companies (e.g. Simpact, Motorola) are "quite interested" as well.
We should be careful in what we say so as not to mislead people.