From: kc...@ccds2.cc.ntu.edu.tw (Kuo-Chun Su)
Newsgroups: comp.os.coherent
Subject: More information about Coherent 4.0 !
Date: 27 May 92 07:11:05 GMT
Sender: use...@ccds3.ntu.edu.tw (USENET PROXY ACCOUNT)

Dear All,

	I post some messages about the possibility of X running on the new
  version of Coherent.  Someone mentioned that there must at least be some
  socket support to build the TCP/IP and X.  I don't know quite about that
  since I am new to networking and X.  But I have to use X because my
  professor wants me to write a better user interface in X for my research.
  So my question is : How soon will the socket be supported and X be ported
  to Coherent ?  I know that some people in Mark Williams are doing some
  simple GUI, but I hope that they can spend some effort in porting X because
  it is more standardized.  I guess the reason why Coherent breaks the 64K
  limit is to make it more compatible to UNIX, so why not port X to make it
  more compatible to standard graphics programming.  I don't want any network
  support, what I want is just to do some portable graphics programming.

	Will any technician in Mark Williams answer the above for me ?

	Thanks in advance !

  Sincerely Yours
      Kuo-Chun Su