From: mich...@rosebud.llnl.gov (Mike Slominski)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi
Subject: Does sgi have a human factors group?
Date: 15 Jun 92 20:24:42 GMT
Sender: use...@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

Does sgi have a human factors group?  I expect that the answer is yes.
If so, I'd like to know just how committed sgi is in this area.  Is
the group respected within the company?  Is it a big group?  Do they
have input in the early stages of the design cycle?  Does the group do
any basic research?

I'm asking because our group is currently shopping for workstations
and, because of past experience, we are looking for a company that is
committed to ease-of-use.  For obvious reasons, I'd rather hear from
human factors people or engineers.  A statement such as, "Oh boy, are
we committed!" from a sale person, will be taken for what it's worth.

What I've seen so far has left me with a favorable impression, but I
want to know what my aspirin consumption will be.  And I want to know
if it will get better or worse with time.

-m
--
Michael Slominski        | Memory is the power to gather roses in
mich...@rosebud.llnl.gov | winter.