Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 10:44:43 PDT
From: todd@mls1.hac.com (Todd Matthews)
To: kerberos@Athena.MIT.EDU

Has kerberos version 5.0 been implemented and is it available anywhere?

Even a preliminary copy would do.

Todd Matthews
(714) 732-7240
EMAIL: todd@mls1.hac.com

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 16:20:32 -0400
From: tytso@Athena.MIT.EDU (Theodore Ts'o)
To: todd@mls1.hac.com
Cc: kerberos@Athena.MIT.EDU

Yes, Kerberos version 5.0 has been implemented, and a beta test version
can be obtained by using anonymous FTP to the host ATHENA-DIST.MIT.EDU
(ip#18.71.0.38); /pub/kerberos5 contains the Kerberos V5 distribution.

The last Beta release was a year ago; so what's there is somewhat out of
date and the protocol that is there is not completely conformant to the
latest Kerberos V5 protocol specs.  However, I'm planning on releasing a
new beta release shortly; I had originally thought we would have it
ready by the end of June, but there were more changes from others
(primarily Sandia National Labs) to integrate in than I thought.  Given
summer vacations and the Boston IETF (which MIT is hosting), I'm now
targetting the release date for the end of the July.

							- Ted